Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools Stories: Yari ka!

Yesterday, a Philippine technology blog Yugatech, announced its signature netbook. Some readers/bloggers believed it, and it almost got me too. So yesterday night, I had the mood to joke our Systems Architect in the United States through instant messaging, saying that before it's too late (since its nearing 12 AM of April 2, not an April Fools' Day anymore here), I recently resigned in our company because of the difficulty coping up with the project that he leads. He immediately asked if he can call me. After reading my second message greeting him a Happy April Fools, he suddenly cursed me and told me that I just turned him white! :D

He said he will cast a joke to his officemates there too. I wonder what humor did he tell. :-?

From Wikipedia:

April Fools' Day or All Fools' Day, although not a holiday in its own right, is a notable day celebrated in many countries on April 1. The day is marked by the commission of hoaxes and other practical jokes of varying sophistication on friends, family members, enemies, and neighbors, or sending them on a fool's errand, the aim of which is to embarrass the gullible.

One of the famous April Fools' Day joke that I like is that the Taco Bell had purchased the Liberty Bell to "reduce the country's debt" and renamed it the "Taco Liberty Bell". And who wouldn't know the Google's hoaxes? Wikipedia is your friend.

Today, I mean yesterday, This 2009, Google turned YouTube upside down among other things, and Warner Bros. Acquires The Pirate Bay. Even US Pesident Barack Obama did his joke too. Okay just google it! :p

By the way, I should have told our Systems Architect that I quit my job and asked if he could help me find an employer there. That would be half-meant, of course. ;;)

Have you been a victim of any April Fools jokes? Or did you play the prankster's part?

0 comments:

Post a Comment